Friday, December 14, 2012

DIY Face & Body Scrubs: Rose & Peppermint, and More!


I'm a big fan of making my own body products. a) It's just so fun and b) You can quality control and make sure only the best of the best gets into your potions! This Christmas, I decided to transform my love of homemade goodies into presents for my friends and fam.

In this post, I'm showing you how to put together your own face & body scrubs for your beloveds.

I like this gift because not only is it beautiful, but practical as well. I exfoliate my face every week or two, usually just with raw sugar. But I decided to spice it up for my gifts, and throw in a juicy medley of oatmeal, raw sugar, herbs, and essential oils.

From the ingredients above, with the addition of essential oils, I crafted the following mixes for my friends and family:

  • White Pine & Thistle
  • Rose & Peppermint
  • Oatmeal & Rose

I didn't end up using the lavender, as I saved that for my bath salts. (Watch for the upcoming DIY post on those)

Here are the ingredients I used, feel free to substitute different herbs and essential oils:

Raw Organic Cane Sugar
Wild White Pine Essential Oil, Organic Peppermint Essential Oil
Organic Thistle
Organic Rose Petals
Organic, Gluten-Free Oats

And for the method:

1) Grind up the oats in a blender or food processor (I used the flat blades in a magic bullet) to create a soft, powdery consistency.

2) Grind up the rose petals, thistle, or any of the other herbs you are using if you'd like it to be a face AND body scrub. You don't want any harsh edges if you are going to be using this on your face. If you decide not to grind the herbs, make sure to label the concoction as just a body scrub.

3) In a mason jar, or other glass jar, combine any herbs or essential oils of your choosing with the raw sugar and ground up oats. It really doesn't matter how much of each herb or essential oil you use, as long as the bulk of the product is sugar & oats. You can layer them neatly, or mix them all up. This is where you get to be totally creative.

And that's it! I labelled my final product with some shipping tags and coloured hemp string.



2 comments:



  1. We have achieved a tremendous landmark in the exporting of organic peppermint oil that is 100% pure and of superior quality. Essentail Natural Oil is glad to offer natural and Organic Peppermint Oil at wholesale cost available in small packing to wholesale quantities.Buy Peppermint (Certified Organic) Essential Oil and other pure essential oils from SVA Organics at Wholesale prices.

    ReplyDelete

TOP POSTS