Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Gluten Free Garlic Onion Bread

Yesterday I felt crafty. And I felt hungry. For bread.

So I decided to create my very own recipes for gluten free bread, using coconut flour - an ingredient I've never worked with before. I tried out two loaves - one in the bread maker, and the other in the oven. While one was a ginormous flop (literally, after I took it out of the bread maker it lost all shape and melted) - the other was DELICIOUS, and my roommates and I devoured most of it within hours.




It turned out more as a loaf, than a bread though, which makes it totally serve-able for lunch or dinner (with a side of raw soup or a salad maybe? - how delish!)

So here it is - Garlic Onion Bread - in all it's gluten free glory:

3 Free Range Eggs
3 Tbsp Ground Chia
9 Tbsp Water
1 Onion - Pureed or Finely Chopped
2 Cloves of Garlic, Shredded
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
2 Tbsp of Blackstrap Molasses
3/4 Cup Coconut Flour

*Note - I used all organic ingredients, which makes a big difference both for taste and energetics

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Whip eggs with a fork.
3.  Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Add more water or flour as needed to get your desired    consistency.
4.  Grease a small baking dish with coconut oil, add the dough.
5.  Bake for 40 minutes.



1 comment:

  1. Perhaps adding ¼ teaspoon of baking soda would have helped it to rise a bit and make it more "bread-like". Just a thought.... Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

TOP POSTS