Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Mango Mint Green Smoothie Recipe

A delicious Mango Mint Green Smoothie
Starting my mornings off with green smoothies is an obsession of mine. Not only do they taste DELICIOUS, but they also start the day off right with raw, superfood goodness. I'm in the habit of getting inspired by recipes, and then creating my own version based on my preferences and what I have in the house (or garden!) This Mango Mint Green Smoothie was based on a refreshing concoction I tried at Jupiter in Tofino, BC.

  • 1 handful leafy greens ( I used spinach & pea sprouts)
  • 3/4 cup frozen organic mango
  • 1/4 organic banana
  • 1/3 cup coconut milk
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 2-3 tbsp chia seeds
  • 10-15 fresh mint leaves
  • Sweetener to taste (I used coconut tree sap, but honey, dates, raisins & maple syrup are also good choices)
  • Optional: hemp hearts, flax seeds, spirulina

Blend all, and enjoy! Happy sipping.

Make your own, and have fun with the recipe!

4 comments:

  1. This looks mouth watering! Thanks for the recipe. I recently started drinking green smoothie/juices for lunch each day, and I love getting new ideas for drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, that looks & sounds delightful! I look forward to trying it soon. Thank you for sharing. Blessings, Sonia J Barrett

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome!! I just made a version again this morning!

    ReplyDelete

TOP POSTS